About ICPC Asia West Gwalior-Pune Regionals
The International Collegiate Programming Contest (ICPC) is the largest computer programming contest in the world. ABV-IIITM Gwalior and IIIT Pune jointly organizing Asia West Gwalior-Pune ICPC Regional contest. The ICPC is an activity that provides college students with an opportunity to demonstrate and sharpen their problem-solving and computing skills. The contest is considered to be the “Olympics of Computer Programming”. ICPC Gwalior-Pune Regionals organizers welcomes all the participants on behalf of our ICPC Global Sponsors which are: Huawei, JetBrains, AWS Educate and IBM Quantum.
- This year because of current covid-19 pandemic there will be only one online contest to finalize the team participation for world final 2020, which will be held on August 18, 2021.
- Team registration is open between July 24, 2021 to August 11, 2021.
- Do not forget to upload the registration details (along with scan copy of proof of payment) after completing the team registration at ICPC Global in following Google form.
- World final will be held at Moscow in First week of October, 2021.
- A team can submit the programs in C, C++, python or in JAVA.
- Organizer is yet to finalize the proctoring contest or not. Contest rule may be different from other regional site. Rules will be updated at least one week before the contest.
- It is assumed that probable world final contestant has taken at least 1st dose of covid vaccine by 1st week of August and 2nd dose of covid vaccine by 5th September, 2021. If required Global ICPC organizers can help you to get 2nd dose after 28 days.
Team Formation Rules:
- A team consists of at the most 3 contestants (No reserved contestants allowed this year) and a coach from the same Institution/University/College.
- Single individual login at ICPC Global & same team formation
- Each contestant should be a part of exactly one team, which means team formation should be the same across all the regionals. This also means that the team details (team name, email id etc) should be the same.
- A team should register for at most two regionals sites contest, and any discrepancy would lead to disqualification.
- Please note that this time no preliminary contest, only directly regional contest, you can opt for any option from following three green options it will merge to a single Gwalior-Pune online regional contest. You can also directly opt for "Asia Gwalior-Pune Online Regional Contest":
- The contest will held on CodeDrills platform.
- Important Each Team Must Fill the following Declaration form (also attachments as follows) on or before 16 August, 2021:
- Copy Institute ID of each participants/ Aadhar card (only for 2021 graduating students) attach with the google form
- Click a selfie (each participants) attach with the Google form
Registration Closed 11 August, 2021 Mock Round 15 Aug, 2021 06:00 - 08:30 PM Regional round 18 Aug, 2021 06:00 - 10:00 PM
- For regional round, 3 logins (one each for a team members) will be given. Each teammember can use their own device.
- Proctoring details, if any, will be announced before the contest.
- For any queries reach out to email@example.com.
Rules and Regulations:
- The contest will be conducted online and it is a team event.
- Only those teams whose registration on the ICPC Global site is successful will be able to participate.
- Each team member can login from their individual account, submissions during the contest will count towards the team.
- Do not post suggestions or tips publically during a live contest.
- Judge's decision will be treated as final. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- Regional site will not be responsible for any internet or device failure during the online contest at the contestant's site.
- Any type of plagiarism activities found during the contest may lead to disqualification of the team from all ICPC regionals. Posting source code online unintentionally will also be considered as cheating.
- Final results will be published only after removing cheating teams.
- Coach may be informed in case a team is found to be cheating. Head of institute may also be informed in case it is found a large number of teams from that institute have cheated.
- Does team members have to be from same institution?
Yes, Team members have to be from same institution.
- When is the team accepted in the Baylor Site?
On the same day of payment received it will be accepted in the Baylor site.
- Time taken for the payment to get updated?
It will take minimum three working days.
- How many member should be in a team? Is it mandatory to keep a reserve person?
There should be three members in a team, including reserve person four members. It is not mandatory to keep a reserve person.
- What is the role of the Coach?
- Coach is the faculty member from the same college as that of the team.
- Coach creates a team in the Baylor Site under “Asia Gwalior-Pune First Round Online Programming Contest” Online contest.
- Coach is expected to create a team with the official email id. Official email id means, he/she shall use the institutional email id. While creating teams, the coach shall invite the contestants and reserve.
- What is the role of reserved person? Will the reserved person get the certificate?
In case of any emergency to the team in the absence of any person the reserved can participate. Yes, the reserved person will get the certificate.
- How to get the previous year certificate?
You can login to the Baylor site icpc.baylor.edu and you can get the Certificate from the dashboard.
- How can we know whether our payment is received?
Once the payment is received your status will be updated in our Google sheet and also accepted in the Baylor site.
How to reach ABV-IIITM Gwalior:
- ABV-IIITM is located on Morena Link Road at a distance of about 3.5km and 8.5km from Gwalior railway station and Rajmata Vijay Raje Scindia city airport respectively.
- The institute is easily accessible by road, and there are cabs and auto-rickshaws to commute from railway station or airport.
How to reach IIIT Pune:
- IIIT Pune is at a distance of about 15km,8.4km and 21km from Pune railway station, Katraj Bus Stand and Pune Airport respectively.
- The institute is easily accessible by road, and there are cabs and auto-rickshaws to commute from railway station, bus stand or airport.
Prof. Joydip Dhar
RCD, Asia West Gwalior-Pune Regionals
Prof. Anupam Shukla
Director, IIIT Pune
Prof. Ritu Tiwari
Coordinator, IIIT Pune Site
Dr. W. W. Godfrey
Coordinator, ABV-IIITM Gwalior Site